Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Wifey’s 2010 Shining Moments

As a former publicist, I’m used to putting other people in the spotlight, not myself. I spent several years promoting other people’s work, talent and accomplishments and being very quiet about my own. As time goes on, I’m learning that it’s OK and quite frankly, necessary to celebrate yourself and to graciously share your triumphs with others.

Sometimes taking a peek back at what you’ve done can help propel you even further into greatness. It’s easy to remember what you didn’t check off the “To Do List,” but looking at what was accomplished just might surprise you.

With that said, here are my 2010 shining moments:

Disney’s Princess Half Marathon
I became a princess thanks to the wonderful folks at Disney and ran my second half marathon since 2005.

11 Year Wedding Anniversary
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Husband. Anyone married knows each happy year is truly worth celebrating.

USTA State Championship
My 3.0 Women’s USTA tennis team won the Georgia State Championship and went on to play in the sectional tournament. Fun times.

Get Moving Race & Relax
My BlogRollin’ partner and I held our first Race & Relax event where we inspired 20 ladies to Get Moving by running in a 5K with us then treated them to brunch and the spa. We’re planning our 2011 schedule now.

Peachtree Road Race
After joining Get Fit Atlanta to train for my first marathon, I ran the Peachtree faster than ever before. It was a blast.

Spoke at Evo
I took my first trip to Utah to speak at EVO ‘10 The Evolution of Women in Social Media; and tackled one of my biggest fears (yes, I’m a punk) and rode the Ziprider at Park City. AWESOME.

Survived my First Ice Bath
Um, I took the plunge in September and woke up the whole damn neighborhood. Yikes!

Spoke at Blogalicious 2010
The Ritz. In South Beach. With 250 dynamic bloggers. Enough said.

Launched Run Wifey Run
I started this blog in October to chronicle my tales of Marriage, Motherhood and all the Mayhem. Oh, yeah and this little race I did called a marathon. Gasp!

More Freelance Writing
I’ve always enjoyed writing for magazines and other online publications. I’m pleased that I was able to add several more stories to my list of clips.

Ran my first Marathon/Tweeted for Washington Post
26.2, baby! Never in my wildest dreams would I have ever thought I’d be a marathoner … and tweet my race for the Washington Post. AMAZING!

Coca-Cola Live Positively Conference
I was invited to attend the first Live Positively Social Media Conference: Conversations with Coca-Cola in Atlanta. It was intimate and informative; definitely one of the best blogging events I attended in 2010.

Served as a Judge for Disney’s Dreamers Academy with Steve Harvey and Essence Magazine
The DDA holds a special place in my heart. To be asked by Disney to serve as one of 10 judges who chose the final 100 participants was truly an honor.

PR’d the Atlanta Half Marathon
This was the first half marathon I ran in 2005. It probably took me 4 hours (I never looked at my time.) This year I shaved 30+ minutes off of my Princess run in the spring. I pushed myself … and it felt GREAT.

Spoke at Lavish
FAB-U-LOUS. That’s how I describe my dear friend The Broke Socialite and her first and highly anticipated conference – Lavish. It was all it was cracked up to be and I had a ball speaking on a panel.

While these things make me smile every time I think back to them, my biggest challenge and accomplishment is striving to be the best wife and mom I can be. I truly believe creating time and goals for myself makes me a better person – a better woman, wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend.

Cheers to a WONDERFUL 2010; and an even BRIGHTER 2011!

Winks & Smiles,

7 comments:

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

wow, wow, wow! you have had a killer year! congrats on all of your accomplishments!

Nancy said...

You ROCK! :-) Thanks for continuing to be an inspiration.

Shelley said...

Wow - you have been busy! I love your energy and enthusiasm - you make ME feel ready to take on the world! :)

Krystal Grant said...

Whoo Hoo! Go Wifey Go! Congrats on a fantastic 2010.

Amy said...

What a fantastic sounding 2010! Here's to a just as fantastic 2011!

(And I LOVED Park City and the zipline when I was there a couple of years ago!)

Unknown said...

Thanks, Everyone! I appreciate your kind words & support! Smiles!

Anonymous said...

I don't think you "became" a princess, but merely confirmed your princessness!

:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...