Monday, December 13, 2010

Hello, My Name is Wifey and I’m Suffering From Race Withdrawal

It hasn’t even been a month since my last race and already I have the when-is-my-next-run-blues.

Gasp!

One of the many things I love about running is participating in races. I love the goal-setting, the countdown, the fun of the crowds, running with friends & family, the expos, the training, the pre-race pasta dinner, the post race beer, ahem, picking out my running outfit and the thrill of crossing the finish line – no matter how large or small the race.

I want to do a holiday race but my family’s schedule won’t allow it so it’s a wrap for me until January. I’m getting ready to plan my races out for 2011; there’s already a few I know – I’ll be rockin’ my tiara in February at Disney’s Princess Half Marathon then I’ll trade it in for a warrior helmet in May when I do the Warrior Dash with Husband and some friends. I plan to do a race a month and will tackle my second marathon toward the end of the year. I’m not sure which one yet. Chicago? New York? Savannah? There are so many great ones to choose from.

Anyone have any race suggestions – 5K, 10K, half marathons and “the Big M?” I'd love to hear your input. Oh, and if you’re a race junkie, too, please let me know I’m not suffering from withdrawal alone.

Winks & Smiles,

10 comments:

Krystal Grant said...

There's a great race coming up this afternoon...The one where I dash out of my classroom and run down to the local McDonalds! OK. OK. I'll stop. It was great seeing you this weekend at lavish! Keep Running, Wifey.

Anonymous said...

It's been a while since I stopped by... who did your header logo & button? I LOVE it!
As for racing I can't wait to get my race on either. I haven't figured out which races (they're getting SO EXPENSIVE). I can't wait to see your race schedule once you've finalized it.

Dana said...

Krystal's comment is hilarious.
I haven't even looked at any races for next year besides the Georgia half Marathon in March. But this post definitely makes me want to start looking at the 2011 calendar.

Kelli said...

I was reading where the Savannah Rock and Roll event will be giving out bling. :D I'm thinking about doing the half...

keyalus said...

I'm curious about the new Savannah RnR race too. I've been wanting to do one of those.

I like to do the ATC's Resolution Run on Jan 1st. It feels like a great way to start the new year. I'm doing my first long trail run (Red Top Rumble) in February and I'm doing the ING half in March. After that I will just run the local track club races up through the new Spring 15K in April.

Once we hit May, I'm going into Summer hibernation until Fall. I don't do well in the heat.

Corinna said...

Planning on doing the Publix half marathon in March (my first), the Missoula marathon in July with my dad in Montana and the Savannah RnR marathon with my dad as well when thy come for a visit. I'm aiming for one race a month and hoping to enter my 2yr old in some of the kids one sine he is always running around the house saying go. Also hoping to get a job to pay for my new addiction lol. Until then lots and lots of training. Oh and the Turtle Trot in April as well on Tybee island. Have to plan for my other ones still.

Karen said...

Savannah should be fantastic! If you are looking for something soon, Lifetime Fitness has a Reindeer Run 5k this weekend. I did the Princess Half 2 years ago - LOVED it! The medal is fantastic :)

Caroline said...

You are not alone!
I am addicted to races also..12 since March ! I need to always gave something to look forward to

MizFit said...

come to austin and run!!!

:)

Lauren Starks said...

Publix Georgia Full is paid for - but I'm likely scaling back to the half at most. Savannah Full is paid for, but really to early to say.

Leaning HEAVILY to Resolution Run on New Year's Day (12pm in Kennesaw). Probably the 5K (see today's post) to see where I'm at. It's a big GF turnout at that race, usually, which is nice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...