Sunday, October 17, 2010

Who is Wifey and What is She Running?

30 SECOND VERSION

I'm a former music industry executive who left the business with big dreams of starting a writing career and a family. I'm happy to report that's exactly what I did. Now, instead scheduling hectic press days and appearances for recording artists I schedule homework, play dates and sport activities for my own little superstars. I do my best to balance marriage, motherhood and all the mayhem with a writing career that I love dearly. Oh, did I mention I just ran my first marathon? That's right, all 26.2 miles of the Marine Corps Marathon while tweeting and taking pictures for the Washington Post online. I'm on a mission to to be the healthiest that I can be and hope to inspire others to do the same. I just shed 25 pounds for my 40th birthday and I'm training for marathon number two - The Chicago Marathon. I recently published my first book; frequently write for several national magazines; I’m the founder of AskWifey.com; a Fox5 TV My Atlanta Moms host blogger; I'm on the American Cancer Society Blogger Advisory Council; and you may have seen my wedding on TLC's "A Wedding Story or caught me on The Travel Channel's television show "Great Cruises: Why Not the Mediterranean?"

I launched Run Wifey Run because I’m always running - running my household; running my career; running a personal chauffeur service for my kids; and running – literally – for my health ... and sanity. Ahem.

To read about my 2010 shining moments click here.

More about Wifey from Husband

She’s a writer. She’s written a book, "Help! I’m a Newlywed… What Do I Do Now? Wife-Saving Advice Every New Bride Must Know to Survive the First Year of Marriage." She’s also written all kinds of articles — entertainment, marriage, parenting, health-related — for national magazines like Upscale, Teen People and Heart & Soul.

She’s a successful public relations executive. As the former director of publicity for LaFace Records she’s contributed to the success of several superstar artists like Usher, OutKast, Toni Braxton and TLC. She also worked in higher education for the premiere women’s college for African-American women — Spelman College.

She’s a mom. Her son, Miles, is nine and daughter, Milan, is seven going on seventeen.

She’s a daughter, a friend, a runner, a tennis player, a personal trainer, a chocolate lover, a movie-watcher, a reader, a NBA fanatic… and, most importantly to me, she’s a wife. My wife of eleven long, loving, sometimes challenging, but awesome years (our life-changing wedding was featured on The Learning Channel’s “A Wedding Story”). I wouldn’t trade her for anything. Anything except 50 yard-line seats to see the San Francisco 49ers win the Super Bowl… or Sade. Not really, but if you know someone who can make it happen…

Ahem, thank you for sharing Husband.

And, thank you for stopping by Run Wifey Run. If you’re so inclined leave me a comment so I can come by and visit you, too. And remember, the secret to being a happy wife begins with being a healthy wife ... and it all starts with you!

Winks & Smiles,

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Trying to check out all the other fitbloggin' blogs before this coming weekend and I must say I'm impressed with your list of accomplishments! WOW! Very impressive! Looking forward to fitbloggin'!

Anonymous said...

e cigarette, smokeless cigarettes, electronic cigarette, e cigarette, e cigarette forum, electronic cigarette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...