Friday, December 31, 2010

Project Me: 2011 Goals

Yes, Project Me. One of my lifetime goals is to be the best wife and mother I can be. I truly believe that that all starts with being the best person I can be. If I’m healthier and happier that will positively spill over into my family. With that said, most of my 2011 goals focus on me doing just that – getting healthier and in turn happier, too. While I’ve got a lengthy list of things that I plan on doing BETTER in 2011 and some pretty exciting business goals, I’ve narrowed down my Project Me: Healthy & Happier goals to five.

Run my SECOND marathon. To say I had an AMAZING first marathon experience would definitely be an understatement. I LOVED it and can’t wait to do another one in the fall.

Do a race per MONTH. Races to me are just FUN. I enjoy the whole experience and would like to do at least one per month. I plan to mix it up with 5Ks, 10Ks and a few half marathons. I’m working on my race schedule now.

Run 1,000 MILES. Hmm, sounds like I need to reserve a spot in Tall Mom’s club. I think know its doable and, quite honestly, it will keep me focused and on track. No pun intended. Ahem.

Dump my DEBT. This is indirectly a health and happiness goal. The stress of out-of-whack finances can be devastating to your wallet – and your body. Husband and I are committed to a cash only lifestyle and getting rid of our credit card debt. Woosah.

Rock a BIKINI on my birthday. In four months I turn 40. I’m OK with that, but I’ll be even better if I’m rocking a bikini with a beer in my hand on a beach somewhere. For real. For the first four months of this year, my BIGGEST focus will be on my birthday goal.

I’m aiming big for 2011, how about you? Leave me a comment, share your link or Facebook me. I’d LOVE to read your goals and cheer you on, too!

Winks & Smiles,

22 comments:

Markemmanuel said...

Good luck with your 2011 goals! They're super doable and achievable while allowing you to stretch your life into something more grand.

--mark--

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

I love your goals and am excited to follow your journey to them!

Deanna @ The Unnatural Mother said...

Great goals! I have the same goal of a race a month - and think it's a great one, keep me on my toes!! Here's to a kick ass 2011 !!

Lucrecer said...

Who you telling about rocking the bikini on your 40th. I can not think of a better goal to add to add for myself next year. You have set some awesome goals.

workout mommy said...

woo hoo! those are some great goals! I hope that our paths cross again this year! :)

Krystal Grant said...

Oh Lawd!!!!!! You are gonna make me admit that I want to wear a bikini too. My bikini bound project was an epic fail. So much so that I didn't even go the beach in Miami. And since I'm turning 35 in June I really, really wanna go to Myrtle Beach and wear a bikini. I don't need a six pack. My belly doesn't even have to be flat. I just don't wanna look like a big brown balloon when I go to the beach. What to do? What to do? First step: Put down this chocolate chip cookie I'm eating......

Jennifer Newman said...

you GO girl!! I know you can accomplish anything you set your mind to doing. I can't wait to see what this year brings you!! Maybe you will go to Baltimore in May for Fitbloggin and we will meet!!

MUCH LOVE my friend!!

xox, jen

Kerrie said...

These are great! Happy New Year!

Shelley said...

A bikini on your 40th - that is a great goal!

Jewel said...

Wow..your post was a huge revelation for me--I've not set any goals!

Instead, I've just accepted what has come my way.

Thanks for reminding me that I am in charge of my own destiny.

Anonymous said...

Rock the bikini and the goals - you can do it!

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

You inspire me!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Everyone! I appreciate your kind words and encouragement - smiles!

Anonymous said...

Great goals. I have one goal this year... live healthier! Here is my blog post about that goal of mine...

http://jessicawhitmore.com/blog/

Alesya said...

Your running goals are amazing! I can't imagine running a marathon - but I have no doubt you'll be running your second one this year. Whoop!

Nancy said...

Awesome goals, mama! I'm working on that birthday goal too. But I have a few more months than you. Also, a few more pounds to lose than you! I'm cheering you on!

Yvette said...

You do realize that other than your family believing in you, your "other sister from another mister" believes you can do all on your list and more!!!

Love the list!! Can't wait to take mental snap shots along the way!

You fancy huh? Yes! Yes you are!

Anonymous said...

Great goals!! I know you can do it! Happy 2011!

teri said...

Yes! Plan to be on a beach for your 40th birthday. When I turned the Big 40, I was spending the day on the beach in Cabo San Lucas with my husband and 2 children. It was FABULOUS! I wasn't rockin' a bikini, but I did have a tankini!

Erin said...

Love your goals!! I'm running my first marathon this year and am excited as well as terrified! I'm a novice runner and am just getting back into the game after having my first baby. I'm tracking my progress on my blog http://viebalance.blogspot.com.

Valerie said...

I LOVE the one race per month idea. I love racing, it's why I train and some days the only reason I train! Maybe I should add this to my list! Good luck!

Courtney Wiley said...

Love how you are looking forward to rocking a bikini on your 40th. I just got back from a girls' trip out of the country, and it felt FANTAB to lounge on the beach in my two-piece. YOU CAN DO IT! Also . . . re: debt, I'm right there with you. Completely obliterated $93,0000 in debt in less than 3 years and am enjoying making decisions with cash! ;) I'm actually chronicling my story here: http://bit.ly/i8jhjZ. Hope the posts are helpful and keep you motivated. YOU CAN DO IT! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...