Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Does RUNNING in Stores Count as Exercise?

I wonder how many calories running through the stores burns? How about squatting to get in and out of the car? Hopefully a lot because yesterday I found myself indulging in this …

And these …

And I washed it down with this …


Yes, it’s the holidays and I was out celebrating my sister’s birthday and squeezed in a little shopping.


My sister and me

Before we hit the stores we used our gift certificates we got from my Race & Relax event last summer – big fun! Then we went to Six Feet Under to partake in that wonderful feast you saw above. After that is when we really got serious and headed to Target.

Serious. Calories. Burned.

While I’m definitely on a mission to meet my birthday goal, I’m going to relax my food plan through the weekend and enjoy some of the treats I don’t normally eat any other time of the year. Instead of depriving myself I’m going to stick to good portion sizes and small meals – even if they’re made up of fried chicken and pound cake. GASP!

Oh, and I’ll be the crazy one lunging through the toy aisle at Target.

Winks & Smiles,

5 comments:

Banteringblonde said...

It all counts!

misszippy said...

It all counts during the holidays, right? Great pic of you and your sister.

Happy holidays!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Ladies! Smiles!

Shay Shay said...

Oh, I love Six Feet Under! And yes, running around in stores can be quite the workout--my feet and back are killing me (could be that tennis drill I had Monday--Coach tried to kill me. smiles). Looks like you're having fun (hmm, I need to use my Race&Relax gift certificate too!), I wish you continued fun and joy with your family during this holiday season. See you soon!

Nancy said...

Rick and I love Six Feet Under. Their Black and Blue burger is to die for! And I too am still hanging on to my Race & Relax gift certificate. What am I waiting for?!?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...