Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Project Me: 1st Month Birthday Goal Update

It’s been about a month since I’ve started Project Me – my mission to becoming a healthier, happier me. Oh, and there’s also this little birthday goal I blurted out, too. Something about rocking a bikini on my 40th birthday – gasp! I’m happy to say that I am feeling great, working hard, and making good progress. I’ve decided not to report monthly stats – I don’t want to stalk the scale – but I can share this measurement.

It’s time for me to break up with these:

My FAVORITE and last size 16 jeans.

I can no longer wear them. While its bitter sweet – they were so comfortable – they are hanging off of my butt so far I don’t have to unbutton them to pull them on or off. I knew it was bad when I start hearing the song, “Pants on the Ground,” in my head every time I would go to put them on.

Eating well (I’m trying to eat clean 80 percent of the time), strength training, and of course running are all making a huge difference in my life. I’m 85 days away from my 40th birthday, but I’ve already decided this lifestyle won’t stop then once I reach my goal. It’s just the beginning ...

Winks & Smiles,

19 comments:

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

Congrats on the breakup!

Erin said...

KEEP EM! Put them away somewhere! I threw out every single clothing item that was too big, including my last pair of size 20s and I wish I still had em! Just to stand my whole body in one pant leg. Congrats on the big changes! This healthy stuff is pretty addictive huh?

Justice Fergie said...

congratulations to you!!! i have been following your progress and using you as inspiration. maybe you can help with this challenge: how can i find time to exercise while working an 8 hour day and a 1-hr commute each way?? I just can't seem to do it.

Anonymous said...

i just found your blog...i am so happy for you!

AbigailRuns said...

CONGRATS!!!!! Get them as far away from you as you can! I'm really sooo proud of you!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Everyone! I appreciate everything ... and Fergie let's talk. I'd be happy to help you figure out a schedule and plan that works for you. Smiles!

Marlene said...

What a great feeling to ditch a too-big pair of pants! Congrats!!!

Deanna @ The Unnatural Mother said...

Excellent!!! Need the motivation too, awesome, awesome, and dare I say it again: AWESOME!!!!

Unknown said...

It'll be time to go bikini shopping in a minute. Keep up the good work.

Fifty K said...

Wahoo! Congrats on leaving those jeans behind!

Karen said...

Congrats on having your "pants on the ground"! Woo hoo :)

carrie said...

Way to go Wifey! Keep up the good work!!!!

Yum Yucky said...

Why is it so hard to break up with the fat pants sometimes? I had the same dang problem. But lemme tell you, just like a bad boyfriend, now that the breakup is over for good, there ain't no going back! That connection is OVER!

Shelley said...

Nice thing to break up with - you are doing great and well on your way to that birthday goal!

Krystal Grant said...

Whoo Hoo! Good Bye size 16! Congrats.

Anonymous said...

Three words... YOU GO GIRL!!! Seriously, you are amazing! Keep up all the hard work.

RunToTheFinish said...

woot that's right say good bye to those bad boys cause you are on your way to a bikinni!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That's just awesome! I'm so happy for you!

Samantha Johnson said...

You inspire me to get back into shape!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...