Thursday, February 17, 2011

Resisting Rest

Me after last year’s Princess Half Marathon. (Yes, I'm crushing poor Mickey.) That’s EXACTLY how I feel right now.

I’m tired. My body is tired. I have been running, strength training and playing tennis, sometimes doing all three in the same day, constantly since the beginning of the year. I’ve increased my workouts because I’m on a mission to bust out my birthday goal. I want it – bad.

Although I’ve schedule rest days I haven’t fully been taking them – gasp – even though I know better. Rest is just as crucial to the work you do. I know my body needs that recovery but sometimes I can’t help but resist it.

Today I’m going to rest. No running. No strength training. No tennis. My mind is mad at me for sitting still but my body will LOVE me for it.

Winks & Smiles,

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Resting is good for the body too. Recover and get back to it tomorrow!

Stesha said...

Rest Lorraine. *in my madea voice* Sat Down Somewhere!

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

James said...

Happy resting!

Unknown said...

Every body needs a break ;) get it! lol ok that was corny but take a rest day, you'll feel so much more energized tomorrow!

Marlene said...

Enjoy the much-needed rest! You want to be fresh for Princess!

Shelly- Mom Files said...

You better rest your pretty self so you don't wear yourself too thin. I wish I was as driven as you are in the staying fit department ;)

Michelle said...

Enjoy the rest day - you'll be all the better for it!

Donna WWAHHMpreneur Johnson said...

I agree with you, rest is best ... and sometimes it's a matter of calming our minds down enough so our bodies can, too.
I so love your blog.
I used to run daily when I was younger, but have been concerned I might hurt myself at this stage in my fitness. So, right now I'll live vicariously through you, until I get to the point where I can do it again. Right now it's yoga/pilates/stretching and just increasing my activity and not being so sedentary. Thanks for sharing!

Beth said...

Hope you enjoyed your rest day! You deserve it, and your body will totally thank you :)

Deanna @ The Unnatural Mother said...

I understand all too well! Smart mama....cause you don't want to risk getting injured!! Hope you enjoyed your day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...