Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Day After

After four miles of running, 45 minutes of strength-training, five small pieces of dark chocolate, two glasses of red wine and one plate of steak, homemade mashed potatoes, and green beans; I survived Valentine’s Day without OVER indulging.

I actually followed my own advice (shh, don’t tell but that doesn’t always happen) and treated myself without over doing it. Husband and I went out on Saturday night to one of our favorite restaurants, Pozole, since we knew we’d been in the house on Valentine’s Day.

They make the best Raspberry Margarita EVER.

I was feeling a little romantic and domesticated last night, ahem, so I whipped up a nice dinner for us.

My mashed potatoes made with skim milk and no butter or margarine - the right seasoning is all you need. Check out the RED bowl … there’s still time to win your own set in my contest here.

My entire masterpiece. Husband loved it.

We sipped on this. Notice the name? Unfortunately we have no relation and receive no profits from the Robertson Winery. A girl can wish right?

I’m excited to get through Valentine’s Day without going overboard. Holiday’s are tough and usually riddled with excuses. I’m almost two months out from my birthday goal and I’m feeling more and more like I’m going to make it every day.

Winks & Smiles,

12 comments:

Tricia said...

great job on vday!

Laurie said...

everything looks yummy!
I, too, had a nice day without overindulging.

Beth said...

Mmm, that looks delicious! I managed to not over overindulge, does that count :)

Deanna @ The Unnatural Mother said...

Looks DELISH!!! And I am sure you will meet your goal...I look forward to following the progress.

RunToTheFinish said...

it sounds like you are doing great at leading a balanced lifestyle!

Marlene said...

Congratulations on NOT going over board. It's so easy to get carried away on a holiday thinking 'it's only one day'. The meal looks DELISH!

Joyce Cherrier said...

That meal looks absolutely delicious! And sounds like a wonderful evening of new memories!

misszippy said...

Looks and sounds delish! Way to go keeping it in check.

Kerrie said...

Can you send me your leftovers? That looks yummy! Happy Valentine's Day and hooray for not over-indulging. I think I was right at my limit yesterday.

AbigailRuns said...

That looks like a great meal! I'm suddenly hungry!

MizFit said...

wait
is 545a too early for a marg?!

damn that looks good :)

Mammatalk said...

Raspberry margaritas? I'll take one of those!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...