Thursday, February 24, 2011

Eight Days of Magic: Running and Dreaming at Disney

So, I’m headed to Disney on Saturday and will be there for EIGHT days. GASP! A wonderful, fun-filled eight days at one of my FAVORITE places. Yes, I’m a closet Disney lover.

First, I’ll be rockin’ my tutu (um, right, the one that I DON’T have yet) when I run in Disney’s Princess Half Marathon; then I’ll stay for Disney’s Dreamers Academy with Steve Harvey and Essence Magazine. I was honored to be one of the final judges who selected the 100 participants for this year’s event and can’t wait to meet some of the Dreamers.

While I plan on enjoying every minute I’m also a bit freaked out concerned about staying on track with my Project Me plan. It’s been almost two months since I started working on my Birthday Goal to rock a bikini and I feel good about where I am. I can feel and SEE positive changes in my body but I know the final two months are crucial in my reaching my goal.

There will be lots of wonderful distractions and temptations for me to stray from my workout and healthy eating while I’m there, but I’m determined to stay the course. Sure, I’ll indulge in a Mickey Mouse ice cream bar but I’m also going to make friends with the Fitness Center at my resort. I’m going to search out some of the healthier options the Mouse has to offer and put my traveling fitness skills to the test.

I’ll be tweeting, Facebooking and of course blogging and will look to you lovely folks for some support. Please do cheer me on when I stay on track and feel free to kick me in the butt when I don’t.

Now I’m off to work on that tutu. Today’s the day. I’m not the craftiest person in the world so y’all be nice when you see it.

Winks & Smiles,
Disclosure: Disney is providing my travel and accommodations. As always, my thoughts and opinions are all my own. 

6 comments:

Run with Jess said...

O' so excited for you!! I'm hoping this will be the year we take the kids to Disney... and pretty sure I'm the most excited about it all. My 40 is coming up in 3 years... so maybe, just maybe I can wear a bikini by then?!?! Good Luck with "Project Me" - it's an important mission! :)

Marlene said...

Have a wonderful time at Disney!!!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I'm so happy for you! Enjopy your time there and I'll be looking forward to tweets & pics! :)

Deanna @ The Unnatural Mother said...

Wow!! On SO MANY LEVELS!! But you will rock the half marathon, and will ROCK your Project Me goal....I am sure!

Deanna @ The Unnatural Mother said...

Btw... where in Long Island is your family?

Krystal Grant said...

So fun! Kiss Mickey for me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...