Monday, February 21, 2011

Ten Miles for Two Princesses

Saturday, Renee and I met up at the Silver Comet Trail to do our last long run before we head to Walt Disney World for the Princess Half Marathon. Excited for a fun-filled weekend – we’ll be there taking part in a special media mixer hosted by the good folks at Disney and in association with my BlogRollin’ Get Moving initiative – we knocked out 10.1 miles in 1:57 chatting about what’s to come.

Me getting ready to head out the door. Everyone else in my house was still sleeping –even the dog.


Renee and I pre-run.

We did 2:1’s most of the way, then around mile 6 Renee got the urge to take off.


Go, Renee, go!

We synched back up somewhere in mile 8 and finished strong together.

Post-run pic. Very happy that we were feeling great!

It was a BEAUTIFUL morning for a run and great to tackle 10 miles with a fellow princess. We’re both ready to ROCK our tiaras.

Winks & Smiles,

11 comments:

Anne said...

Sounds like a great run...you will do great on your half!! :) Rock those tiaras!

Deanna @ The Unnatural Mother said...

Great Run!!!! So awesome!! You ran 10 miles, actually 10.1, isn't that awesome?? Enjoy that half!

Michelle said...

You two will definitely rock this race! How great that you got to run together!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad we finally did the run together that we've been promising to do forever! Not that we've knocked out 10.1 we certainly can add the last 3 to complete the half! Princesses Unite. Can't wait until this weekend.

Radical Selfie said...

Super-duper inspiring, ladies! Know that you have a cheerleader over here,because dangit, y'all are doing wonderful things for your bodies and setting great examples of how to Get Moving!

kat said...

Well done ladies, great run and great pictures.

Marlene said...

Got to love being up and out the dooor when everyone else is still asleep! Awesome nob on the 10!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

FUn pictures... oh how I wish I could be a PRINCESS with all of you.. Do you have your outfit all picked out?

KP said...

Oh sounds so much fun! I'd love to try it next year with you if you are in for another run. I am totally NOT a runner and would not to know what to do to start training. Keep me posted! Enjoy and I will be looking forward to hearing all about the ride so I can feel like I'm there too!

Shelley said...

Nothing better than a great run with a good friend! And may I say that you two looked wonderful even AFTER your 10 miles...always a nice bonus. :)

RunToTheFinish said...

wohoooo beautiful to you, your running buddy and the scenary!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...