Thursday, February 3, 2011

Three Reasons I’m Diggin’ Uncle Sam

It’s no secret that I’m on a mission to be the healthiest that I can be; and a HUGE part of that includes food. I’m striving to eat healthy, clean food 80 percent of the time so when I do indulge in some not-so-right choices, ahem, my body can handle it.

I feel better when I eat better, it’s really that simple, so I’m always looking for great tasting, healthy foods to add to my choices.

Enter Attune Foods’ Uncle Sam cereal.


I was recently sent a box to try and can I just tell you it didn’t make it 10 minutes in my house before Husband poured himself a bowl. Clearly it was in hot demand, yes, he liked it, so I went ahead and poured myself a bowl before there wasn’t any left. I tried it three ways, plain, with bananas and with raisins; and they all passed my test.

Here are three reasons why I’m digging Uncle Sam cereal and why you should, too:

It TASTES good. Call me shallow, but I don’t care how good something is for me if I can’t stand the taste of it (oatmeal – GASP!) I’ll NEVER eat it. Husband had a plain bowl and liked it fine. I did, too, but pairing it up with some fruit really made it GREAT for me.


It has the right AMOUNT of “F’s”. Fiber and flaxseed are in full effect while the fat is definitely in check. (No, really I’m not a lyricist; it’s just a coincidence that rhymed. Right.) It’s made from whole grains, has little sugar, and I can pronounce all of the ingredients on the label. Score.

I don’t have to COOK it. I’m not lazy, but I am busy and I don’t always have time to cook several meals throughout the day. Uncle Sam’s is the perfect breakfast or mini-meal for anytime that I can grab quickly and know that I’m eating healthy, getting good energy and staying within my calorie count.

I can see Uncle Sam becoming a staple in my pantry although, I might need TWO boxes – a “his” and “hers.”

Winks & Smiles,






Disclaimer: I was sent a box of Uncle Sam cereal to try. As ALWAYS my thoughts and opinions are all my own.

4 comments:

MizFit said...

I should know (*whispers* I dont), but Ive been eating this stuff for eons now (over a decade)--how long has it been around.

I love.

The child loves.

The husband? he was a hard sell---until he put it in his mouth :)
I think he feared the fact it was healthy--thankfully he was man enough to admit his fears were misplaced.

Marlene said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMM I love cereal! Sounds like good stuff!!!

AbigailRuns said...

I need to try this. I despise oatmeal and am always looking for a great subsitute!

Kerrie said...

I wonder if we have that here. I've never seen it. Looks and sounds yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...