Saturday, February 19, 2011

My Life is a Circus

My life is a circus. OK, not really, but it feels like that sometimes. Too many clowns in one car, wild animals running around, side-show activities fighting for my attention all while I’m trying to balance on a high-wire with no net. The only time when all of that is fun and exciting is at the REAL circus – Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey presents Barnum 200, The Greatest Birthday Bash in Circus History.


I had the opportunity to take my family on Thursday night to Phillips Arena in Atlanta to see opening night. We had a blast. It was a fun family outing where both the adults and the kids were entertained. Truth be told I use my kids as a front for these things. I’m not sure who has more fun – me or them. Ahem.

It was constant entertainment filled with jaw-dropping stunts and how-did-they-do-that-moments. A few of my favorites are the clowns, the trapeze artists (I’m always on the edge of my seat for them), the amazing Motorcycle globe, and of course the elephants. It was kind of dark for my phone, but I managed to snap a few pics:

The kids trying to get me to buy them some goodies.

Getting excited for the motorcycles.

Yay! The elephants. And, I can't even get my DOG to roll over.  

Me and the kids.

This was the perfect distraction as I struggled to rest from training for the past two days. Oh, and yes, rest time is over – 8 days until Disney’s Princess Half Marathon.

Winks & Smiles,






Disclaimer: I was given to tickets to attend this event, however, as always my thoughts and opinions are all my own.

9 comments:

Marlene said...

I have not been to the circus in years! Looks like a blast.

Karen said...

How fun! I have the best memories of going to the circus with my Dad as a kid (when the Omni was still around..). One year, we were able to go backstage for a private tour. Scared me to death being so close to those tigers! LOL.

Krystel said...

I too havent been in quite some time , this brings back memories :)

AbigailRuns said...

I LOVE the circus! Looks as though you all had so much fun! BTW you won my contest!!

Krystal Grant said...

Wasn't it fun? Wasn't it exciting? There was so much going on at one time I couldn't keep up. Didn't you just love the purple men bouncing on the trampolines? That was my favorite part. And the elephants were so precious. Oh yes, and Nano was hilarious. I'm always amazed at how many clowns can fit in one car. I loved every minute of it.

MizFit said...

My child LOVELOVELOVED it when we went this year.
last year? she cried the whole way through :)
who knew there was a 'too young for circus love' age?

Anonymous said...

Runwifeyrun, I challenge you to watch this video here since you feel that promoting the Circus makes for a good blog. I am glad your family had a good time!

http://www.ringlingbeatsanimals.com/

Anonymous said...

Asκing quеstions аrе genuinely faѕtiԁiouѕ thіng іf you aгe not
undeгstanding sοmething fully, hoωevеr this post
giveѕ goοd understаnding yet.

Αlѕo νisit mу web-site - Lloyd Irvin

Anonymous said...

Hі theгe juѕt wantеd tо give
you a quіck hеads uρ and let you knοw a few of the piсturеs aren't loading properly. I'm not ѕuгe whу but I thіnk
its а linking issue. I've tried it in two different browsers and both show the same outcome.

Feel free to visit my blog post; reputation management

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...