Thursday, March 24, 2011

Women in the World: INSPIRED

Two weeks ago I had the privilege of attending Newsweek & The Daily Beast’s Women in the World Summit: Stories + Solutions. I was invited and hosted by The Coca-Cola Company, a Leadership Sponsor for the event.

For three days I sat intently in New York City’s Hudson Theater and listened to an amazing array of women come from all across the globe to share stories of hardship, pain, joy, determination, triumph, defeat, success and their desire to make this world a better place for every woman.

There were high profile dignitaries and celebrities like President Bill Clinton, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Condoleezza Rice, Madeleine Albright, Barbara Walters, Christine Amanpour, Charlie Rose and Ashley Judd. Equally as vital to the conference were women with unrecognizable names but immeasurable contributions to the betterment of our society. Learning about the different obstacles that women face in many parts of the world; the human rights that are still lacking; and most importantly about some of the brave women who are stepping forward to make changes left me INSPIRED.

Inspired to pay more attention to life outside my immediate world.

Inspired to become more active in my community as well as on a global front.

Inspired to strive harder for greatness in everything that I do.

Ashley Judd and panelists passionately discuss trafficking of girls in the United States

The Twitter stream for their hashtag #WIW2011

Sec. of State Clinton and Summit host Tina Brown with several of the speakers

Need a little inspiration? I encourage you to visit the Women in the World website. The videos and stories will amaze you.

Winks & Smiles,






Disclosure: My travel and accommodations were provided by The Coca-Cola Company. As always, my thoughts and opinions are all my own.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow sounds like that was a fab event! I bet you're glad you went... Okay, now I'm rhyming... Now I'll shut up. :) :P

Wifey of a Roadie said...

Thanks for the coverage of this event! Nice to know how us womankind are making a difference!

Wifey of a Roadie - Out!

Unknown said...

So glad you got this opportunity. Sounds like an amazing event

Marlene said...

Girl Power! :)

Seriously, this sounds like it was so cool to be a part of! Veyr empowering.

Kerrie said...

Very cool! Sounds so inspiring!

Miz said...

wow.

visited. you were so so right.


Carla

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...