Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Disney’s Social Media Moms Celebration Recap

I’m back from my second trip to Walt Disney World Resort, yes I spent half of March making friends with Minnie, and truth-be-told it just doesn’t get old. That’s right; I’m officially addicted to pixie dust and glass slippers.

This time I was there for the Social Media Moms Celebration – a gathering of nearly 200 women, and their families, complete with engaging sessions, dynamic speakers, lots of networking, some special celebrity guests, fun-filled parties, and of course – the parks!

It’s hard to wrap-up such an eventful weekend in one post. There were so many special moments like celebrity wedding planner and host of the TV show, “My Fair Wedding,” David Tutera popping in Disney’s Wedding Pavilion right before we saw a couple renew their vows and ride off in Cinderella’s coach. Yes, I’m a hopeless romantic. Oh, and the line up of speakers during Friday’s sessions were phenomenal. I’m in love with Rene Syler, author of Good Enough Mother and former CBS News “The Early Show” anchor. She’s so down to earth. I also enjoyed sitting with social media guru, Chris Brogan for most of the day. He was the only male speaker and survived a room full of socially savvy women, and that was before they surprised us with a champagne break.

All of the food, the drinks, ahem, the private parties, and, yes, the swag, (I’m just sayin’) truly made us feel like pampered princesses.

We stayed at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa which simply put is GRAND. It’s on the monorail line with easy access to Magic Kingdom and Epcot; and is quickly becoming my favorite out of Disney’s many fabulous resorts.
While I didn’t run once this trip, gasp!, I’m sure I logged countless miles walking around the parks. My family and I hit up all four – Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Epcot and my favorite Magic Kingdom. Yes, we enjoyed the coveted Media Fast Pass that bumped us up to the front of most lines. Royalty, I tell you.

My son, Miles, held things down on the exercise front when he took part in the Magic of Healthy Living, “Play-Your-Way” games. Hosted by NFL great Darrell Green, the kids competed in a field day style series of high-energy games designed to show them how they can incorporate a healthy lifestyle into their daily routines. Miles’ smile was priceless when “Zeke & Luther” star Daniel Curtis Lee joined the kids on the field. Later that day, I attended a press conference to learn more about the new Magic of Healthy Living initiative. I just love that Disney is encouraging kids to be healthier. You can learn more about all the wonderful things they’re doing at the Magic of Healthy Living website which is now in heavy rotation at my house.

OK, OK, enough with the words, its picture time. Here's a sampling from the weekend:

The view from Disney's luxurious Grand Floridian.

We had sweet treats at Disney's Wedding Pavilion.

And, lots of healthy eats all weekend.

Not many conferences serve you champagne in between sessions - ooh-la-la!

Husband and the kids played while I was in the sessions. On Main Street in Magic Kingdom.

Me and Husband at Friday night's private soiree hosted by Disney Junior on Disney Channel at Hollywood Studios.

The Play-Your-Way games.

Little girl hamming it up!

Daniel Curtis Lee and Miles taking a break.

Me, Milan and NFL superstar, Darrell Green

Some of Disney's best and brightest at the Magic of Healthy Living Press Conference.

Playing in the parks at one of my family's favorite rides.

Goofing with the kids before the ride.

My sports fanatic family had to stop by ESPN's Wide World of Sports.

I picked up a little early birthday present. Turns out Walt Disney World and I were "established" in the same magical year. Could it be coincidence?

Many thanks and kudos to Laura Spencer, Leanne Jakubowski, their wonderful team at Walt Disney World Resorts, and everyone who had a hand in making this celebration a huge success!

Winks & Smiles,






Disclosure: I paid a registration fee for the conference that generously included my hotel, several meals, events, and park passes for my family. As always, my thoughts and opinions are all my own.

13 comments:

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

To begin with, I want Laura's job. Seriously amazing.

Second, I am super jealous. I was living vicariously through you all week. I need to get in on this next year.

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ohAmanda said...

Girlfriend! Can't believe I didn't meet your fam while we were there. Hmph. Guess I'll have to see them IN OUR OWN STATE sometime! ;)

Marlene said...

What an incredible time! Love the recap and photos, but I am admittedly jealous. :)

Great hat!

Mikki said...

Great recap. To bad we didn't get to meet. Looks like you all had a great time just as we did.
Love that hat too!! 71 was a great year.. I was born than too :-)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic recap! Sounds like you had a wonderful time! :)

Deanna @ The Unnatural Mother said...

I will admit it, I have a jelly belly!! I want to go! I loved the recap, love you, and your gorgeous family...hello.. you should all model!

Relentless Forward Commotion said...

LOVE the pictures! The "shhh mommmys blogging" shirt is priceless!

Susan (5 Minutes For Mom) said...

Fabulous photos and recap. I'm so happy you enjoyed the event... it truly is a unique one.

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

Wonderful recap! So great to see you! Wish we could've squeezed in time for a run, but by day 2 I was beat! LOL!!!

Justice Fergie said...

wow!! looks like you all had a fab time. thanks for the recap ;)

Yoly - Cuponeando said...

It was great seeing you again!

Great recap and a little jealous of your cap. I need one of those ;)

Anonymous said...

Love the pics!!! Your children are so freakin' beautiful. Unbelievable.

So jealous of your magical time!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...