Monday, March 28, 2011

I Won the Lottery ... to Run the Peachtree Road Race

I WON the lottery! Me and 60,000 other folks. I woke this morning to find this in my email inbox ...


I'm excited that I and 60,000 of my closets friends will be running down Peachtree Street on July 4, in one of the largest 10K's in the world. I'm even more excited that my sister, Nicole, and my father will be running it, too. 

Me and My Dad at last year's Peachtree Road Race

Although its crazy over packed a tad crowded this is one of my favorite races and will be the sixth time I've braved ran it. I'm a sucker for tradition. Anyone else have a race that they find themselves running year after year after year?

Oh, and on a side note, today is March 28 - ONE MONTH away from my birthday goal. I'm excited, determined, positive, motivated, a little freaked out scared and still want to know whose bright idea was this anyway?

Winks & Smiles,

10 comments:

Run with Jess said...

Oh-my, that is a huge race!! Yeah, you got it!

Michelle said...

Nice tradition - and how great to be running it with your sister and dad!!

Shelley said...

Wow, 60,000? I can't imagine! But what a fun tradition.

Kerrie said...

Fun! I don't have a traditional race yet. I guess You Go Girl might be it since it'll be the second time I run it this year.

Deanna @ The Unnatural Mother said...

AWESOME!!!!!

Cynthia said...

My husband and I got in too! I was so surprised. But my knee has given me trouble for the last couple of weeks and I am just hoping that I'll be able to continue my training.

Rene' said...

that is so awesome. i would love to do that race!

Marlene said...

Wow, that is a MASSIVE 10K! Congrats on getting in!

Allison said...

Congratulations! I love running races with family - it always makes it a lot more fun.

RunToTheFinish said...

i remember hearing about this the summer I worked in atlanta, congrats!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...