Monday, March 7, 2011

I've Got The Scoop

I've got the scoop ... and some cups, too.

My new best friends

I'm less than two months away from my Birthday Goal deadline so its time to take things to the next level. I've been doing well - I'm SO excited I survived traveling and didn't have a setback (I'll share some tips on how I did it soon) - but I'm ready to push myself a little harder.

I'm trying to create new, better eating habits - not rush to my goal and gain it all back afterwards. We're talking life-long changes here. In order to do that I have to know what and HOW MUCH food I'm putting in my body. For the next few weeks I'll be measuring everything I eat until its so routine I don't need my cute HOT red measuring tools anymore.

As I've shared before I suck at portion control, but I plan to CHANGE that. How about you? Am I the only one out there scooping and weighing? My new best friends and I would love to know.

Winks & Smiles,

7 comments:

Marlene said...

Those measuring cups & scoops are ADORABLE! I try to measure most things... it's amazing how quickly things add up if you aren't paying attention!

Unknown said...

I find that I do my absolute best when measuring and weighing. Livestrong's Daily Plate was my BFF for three straight months. There was not one thing I didn't log and I did so well. I need to get back in the habit of doing that again. You're doing great! Congrats for surviving Disney without damage. That is hardcore, right there!

Kerrie said...

I have to measure. Have to. :)

kat said...

I don't but I should, funny how portion sizes can creep up over time.

Anonymous said...

I haven't been scooping and weighing, but I have been cutting my portions and reading "serving size" on packages.

Shelley said...

I always measure certain things, like cereal, peanut butter and salad dressing, to name a few. I have several sets of measuring cups and keep them all over - the 1/2 cup is with my Fiber One, the 1/4 cup is with my Craisins, more are scattered throughout my kitchen and pantry. No excuses not to measure - you are doing a great thing to stay on track toward your goal!

Sojourner Marable Grimmett said...

I want those!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...