Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lucky Number 28


That’s right. I’m calling in the big guns.

Yesterday I decided to pick up Tosca Reno’s new book, The Eat-Clean Diet Stripped, to help guide me down the final stretch to my birthday goal. I like to pull information and inspiration from many sources and I can ALWAYS count on Tosca for a little of both.

I had no idea when I picked up the book that it’s a 28 day plan. Coincidence? I think not. Yup, I’m 28 days away from my birthday – on April 28. I should so play the lotto.

So, I spent the better part of last night combing through the book and put it down even more dedicated to slipping into that bikini on my birthday, but most importantly, committed to 28 days of strict cleaning eating (yup the beer is on ice for the home stretch – gasp) that will lead to a healthier lifestyle for 40 and beyond.

Thank goodness for me that means 5-6 meals a day (I like to eat, ahem) filled with foods that’ll revitalize my body and give me lots of energy. I need that now more than ever since the running group I train with is having its kick-off this Saturday. Marathon training, anyone?

I’m excited to start training for Chicago and I’ve been longing for those LONG Saturday morning runs. I’m counting on the discipline I learned from running to help me survive carry me through the next 28 days.

Winks & Smiles,

10 comments:

Nicki said...

Love Clean Eating magazine. The recipes are fantastic. Good luck!!

Kerrie said...

That sound cool except the not having beer part. Ok wait. What if I wash the bottle first?

Tara said...

It isn't my birthday but I love this idea and just ordered my book on half.com. Looking forward to the challenge minus the marathon but I WILL be running each weekend. Good luck but I don't think you will need it. Loving the blog, btw.

MizFit said...

I adore tosca!!
I have a story for you, some day in person, about CL mag.
a funny one :) and Im still a reader.

and your longing for the LONG RUNS?
You, my friend, are a true to the core runner.

Lauren Starks said...

I don't think I'd calculated WHEN your birthday is, LOL. Mine's the 17th. I'll be 30 with 4 years experience.

See you Saturday!

Marlene said...

Well the whole "28" thing definitely sounds like a sign. Good luck cleaning things up for the home stretch! Just think of how good your Birthday cake (& beer) will taste!

Jesica D. said...

What do you think will be the most challenging part of everything the book recommends? Any new discoveries about dieting that we didn't know before or hadn't thought of in a certain way? Good luck on Saturday :)

Unknown said...

Thanks, Ladies! I appreciate the kind words and encouragement.

Jesica - I've read most of her books so I'm familiar with clean eating - no big shocks there. Big change for me is my mind set and determination. Most challenging part is the follow through. Staying the course for 28 days. Smiles!

Anonymous said...

Should you are trying to find a rucksack to take on a stroll for more than [URL=http://www.northfacejacketsforsale.net/#1134]north face coupons[/URL] , i then like to recommend a litre rucksack. This dimensions is certainly fairly significant, but it will probably be sufficient to hold your spare garments, foodstuff, camping equipment etcetera. and not be as well important to carry.When hunting to get a sixty five litre backpack, there are a number of crucial points to look out for. To illustrate these I will utilize a [URL=http://www.northfacejacketsforsale.net/#1134]north face coupons[/URL] Rucksack, the particular Terra , as an illustration.

Anonymous said...

Upper Deal with Expedition Tents incorporate the [URL=http://www.northfacedenalijacket.org/#1099]north face denali sale[/URL] Dome, Himalayan forty seven, Journey , VE and Mountain twenty five. These tents are created with Water resistant Flysheet expertise - Polyurethane coating, hot-sealed seams with polyurethane recording, and welded Velcro strips on soar connected to poles for extra security. Except for your two Meter Dome, they also occur by [URL=http://www.northfacedenalijacket.org/#812]north face denali jackets[/URL] a polyurethane window, chilly crack tested to ??P oker. Selling price ranges from $ to $

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...