Yesterday was blah. Yes, y’all I was struggling all morning long.
It was raining so my first mood-lifter, running, was nixed – I had no desire to dodge raindrops.
I’m normally smiling so when my hormones hijack my happiness I get thrown out of whack. After crawling back in bed, gasp – yes I went there, it finally hit me how to fix it – go hit something. Literally.
While I’m not a violent person, I needed a release. And, since no one stepped up to spar with me, ahem, I took my aggression out on Husband’s heavy bag. All it took was 30 minutes of jump roping and beating the bag for me to officially beat the blues.
If that didn’t work I had a few more tricks up my sleeve. Here’s the Top 5 ways I lift my mood:
1. Exercise. Run, play tennis, hit the heavy bag, strength-train, whatever. I turn up the tunes and get moving.
2. Watch a funny movie. That damn Ricky Bobby gets me EVERY time.
3. Blog hop. Reading what’s going on in everyone else’s world and spreading a little comment love is one of my favorite mood-lifters.
4. Smile. I read in a magazine that if you force yourself to fake smile it will eventually become real. Yes, I admit I really tried it and yes, sometimes it really works.
5. Turn to my family. While they often drive me crazy in real life, ahem, watching videos of the day my kids were born or my wedding video can instantly make me happy.
How about you? What are your secrets for beating the blues? Don’t worry, I won’t tell.
Winks & Smiles,