Friday, November 5, 2010

Friday’s Confession: Sometimes I get on Husband’s Nerves

Friday’s Confession …

Sometimes I get on Husband’s nerves.

GASP!

Or so he says. I know I can run things into the ground be a bit repetitive but sometimes that’s necessary when you have nothing else to say to get your point across.

Ever since my first child was born I’ve strategically used that to my advantage. Ten months of pregnancy, 24 hours of labor, and two hours of pushing is a great comeback when you want to get out of something and don’t want to sound like a wimp. When all else fails it’s my favorite and most frequently used comeback line. Let me show you how it works:

Husband: “Are you going to help me clean the garage?”

Me: “Dude, I gave you a son. Not today.”

And, once my daughter was born and I had two births under my belt it was really on.

Husband: “Let’s get the backyard done today.”

Me: “I bore your children; I’ve done enough hard work for this decade.”

Ok, my success rate is not too high (about 25 percent) but still you would think Husband would be grateful that after nine years of hearing the same ol’ comeback I whipped out a new line on him this week.

Husband: “Are you going to the grocery store today?”

Me: “Um, I just ran a marathon.”

I wonder how long I can milk this one …

Winks & Smiles,

5 comments:

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

absolutely love it. i've been know to use those same lines. but now that the hubby is also a runner, he tries to throw them back at me!

Candise said...

Too funny!! I'm working on baby number three and have used one of those lines or something similar but seriously if I just ran a marathon I'd have to milk that over and over again. Not that giving birth isn't any less of a feat lol.

Quinton J said...

"Dude, I gave you a son"...PRICELESS.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Guys! Husband is such a patient fellow. Ahem. Gotta love it. ;)

Anonymous said...

I JUST LOVE IT!
All the comeback lines especially the last one. I say you use it at least 26 times ...one for each mile.

so you still have 25 more time! LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...